Thursday, September 22, 2011

The past two days

So sorry that I have not blogged about our adventures here with Daria in a few days!!  She has been doing really well. For the first 2 nights she slept in the crib beside our bed but last night she seemed very restless and ended up in the bed with us.  I'm not sure if it was grieving or if she just didn't feel well.  On Wednesday we went to Time Square.  Yes, Korea has a Time Square...We went to the Times Square Mall and it was huge.  There were so many levels and everything in there was so expensive.  I was trying to find Daria a pair of shoes since I didn't bring her any because I did not know what size she might be wearing.  I found her one pair but they were $75.00.  I think she will just wear socks until we get back to the states.  I'm amazed at how much Mason is already so much in love with his baby sister.  He has been such a big help and keeps her totally entertained.  She is a very serious baby but we have been getting some smiles and laughs from her.  She has her daddy already wrapped around her finger but I think the feeling is mutual because I see this little glimmer in her eye when she is playing with her daddy.  She still wants me though when she gets upset, so I'm still number 1 right now we will see how long that lasts.  But I'm going to enjoy it while it last!!
Thursday we stayed in out apartment for most of the morning.  Daria laid down for her nap earlier that normal so we just relaxed for a little while.  When she woke up we grabbed a cab and went back to one of the markets.  The markets here are so busy and bustling with excitement.  You see all kinds of things here.  There is everything from designer knock offs, scarfs, PJ's, Korea souvenirs to fruit on a stick.  Ohh the fresh pineapple on a stick is so good.  Yesterday at the market Daria was loving the pineapple she kept grabbing mine.  I couldn't give it to her fast enough.  After the market we came back to the apartment and Brandon and Mason went to order our food downstairs.  The guy in the lobby ordered food for us from a restaurant that delivers food to this area.  When the delivery guy got here he was carrying a little metal warmer opened it up and started taking out all this food.  All the food was on glass plates, metal utensils, and even a table cloth.  We didn't know what to do with the plates and utensils.  We were sure that somehow that got them back so Brandon went downstairs to ask.  The man in the lobby said to just put everything back outside your door and they would come back and pick it all up.  I thought this was so neat.  I guess that is one way to cut down on waste of styrofoam and plastic.  We had a really good dinner of fried rice and sesame chicken.
Our friends the Weigner's are leaving today so last night we went to their room and spent a little time with and to say our goodbyes.  We are so glad that we met this family...I know that they will be lifetime friends of ours.  I will blog tonight about our adventures we have today.  Until then Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment